Pumpkin Risotto with Brown Rice (Instant Pot)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cooked and pureed pumpkin (I use canned)
Read more about this method on “Perfect Instant Pot Brown Rice“
- Combine the water and the pumpkin until well mixed
- Place the rice and the pumpkin water mixture in your instant pot.
- Cook at high pressure 15 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes (aka natural release), followed by immediate release.
Modifications, Extras & Subs
- Start the dish by sauteeing 1 clove of garlic (diced or pressed) in 1 T olive oil. Add the rice and saute (but do not brown). Then add the pumpkin water mixture and proceed with the recipe.
- Top with fresh herbs– sage would particularly lovely.
- Pair with a protein– a roast chicken would be nice.
- Top with cheese and/or nuts and/or dried fruit.
- Serve on a chiffanade of greens